The older I get, the easier it is to make up excuses not to do stuff.
It’s easy to come home, go through the motions and then fake like a boob and get stuck on the chesterfield all night.
It was thanks only to my genius Summer-To-Do list that I accomplished anything fun this summer. You see, my summer turned into a bit of a gong-show, thanks to my self-indulgent je-ne-care-pas, and a schedule only five-star anal-retentive could memorize.
I managed to accomplish all but one of the fun-things on my list. I’m ok with that though. It’ll give me a starting point for my 2016-Summer-To-Do-List.
So, with the proven success of making a list of fun stuff to do,(spontaneity is best, but what the hell, I’m Type A) I am going to formulate an Autumn To-Do List. This will not include anything that I don’t want to do, like finish most of my Christmas shopping, grout cleaning or dragging out our winter clothing.
1) Host our annual Friends’ Thanksgiving Dinner
2) Spending a day at one, or a number of, our local Niagara Wineries
3) Purchasing 12 bottles of wine directly from said wineries
4) Hallowe’en Hay Ride, corn maze, or some such shenanigan…
5) Road trip with someone who makes me laugh
6) Smores in the fireplace