If you follow me on Instagram (andshelaughs1 & pattywaxing), you’re likely a little tired of my June holiday photos.
I spent a week in the great outdoors, enjoying a whole lot of nothing other than some icy cold wine spritzers, a few cocktails, and local craft beer. I spent hours on the dock stretched out in the sunshine reading, and catching up with my man. We spent every night by the campfire, and slept the deep sleep of those with a clear conscience.
It was languorous and it was blissful.
The other thing that I did this week is set up my new business so that I’m ready to take on the appointments that have been waiting in the wings. Because this isn’t a have-to, I find myself completely enjoying it!
But tomorrow it’s back to work.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate going in to the office. I like my colleagues, but I’m so over having to do anything.
What I discovered this week, while doing absolutely nothing but what pleased me was this;
- Having purpose makes mornings a hell of a lot more easy.
- Awareness of purpose isn’t something everyone thinks about.
- Self-care does wonders for the quality of my sleep.
- Two meals a day are enough with some healthy grazing in between.
- I have residual issues regarding housework leftover from my OCD upbringing.
- Having a hobby with your partner is necessary for the rainy days.
- Life without a kitty-cat isn’t a quality life.
- Fresh and local is damn good when it comes to food and wine.
- I will always, always, always miss my kiddo when he’s not close to home.
- Gratitude is something I need to practice more often so life doesn’t slip by unnoticed.
- Undergarments are totally overrated.