I’ve been sick. Sick as in fevered-sore-throaty-sniffly-icky S.I.C.K., sick.
Not only would you not like keeping my company when I’m feeling physically hellish, but I don’t like keeping it either.
Fear is my go-to evil. I think for most people, fear is the demon that holds us back from most things. So, being sick and still, I’ve had a lot of time to wrestle with my demons. To give my fear a kick in the ass, and much-needed, full-on southern lady-like slap in the face, I give you a list of things that make me happy;
1) The idea of Gertrude Stein’s salon/living room/artist’s confessional.
and artists like Amanda Palmer
2) The ever-present voice of my pal Virginia saying, “Maybe you need a little Seth.”
3) Access to a zillion lovely restaurants in the city…my favourite being Terroni on Queen St. West.
4) Campfires at twilight
5) Unexpected romance
6) Fall, fair food
7) Drive-In theatres
9) Gentlemen…whether they’re of the platonic or potential love interest type
10) People, places and things which remind me to embrace fearlessness and remain grounded no matter what anyone expects