Today I was listening to one of my favourite radio programs on my long, construction-jammed drive to work, and they were playing songs from the movie 16 Candles. It got me thinking about all the wonderful emotions we leave behind as our youthful innocence slips away.
Do you remember…
1) Slow dancing at high school dances.
2) How you felt the split second before a first kiss
3) Doing your best friend’s hair before a double date
4) Staying up all night whispering into the phone
5) Being asked to Prom.
6) Dreaming about who you’d be at 20, 30 and 40
7) Trying new eye make-up
8) Reading a love note from your high school sweetheart
9) Your first pair of high heels
10) Believing you could have it all