Spring has sprung my delicate flowers!
It’s time to get out there and take in some fresh air, winding your curves through the gorgeous-great-outdoors.
While you’re out letting mother nature put some pep in your step and colour in your cheeks, let a delicious dinner cook slow and easy for you at home.
If it’s sunny and warm, bundle up and enjoy your dinner al fresco.
Serve this yummy dish over rice, accompanied with a tender crisp stir fry of onion, celery, broccoli and snow peas.
Be sure to have a couple of nice, chilled bottles of Alsacian Willm Riesling ready. It’s dry and delicious!
Slow-Cooker Cashew Chicken
3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or the equivalent of thighs
1/4 cup black pepper
1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup soy sauce ( I prefer President’s Choice – lot of flavour and not so much sodium)
2 tbsp each, rice wine vinegar and ketchup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 crushed clove garlic
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cashews
1) Slice chicken into small strips.
2) Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc bag and add chicken. Shake to coat all of the chicken.
3) Heat oil in pan and brown chicken about two minutes on each side.
4) Place chicken in slow-cooker
5) Combine the rest of the ingredients except the cashews and pour over chicken.
6) Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
7) Add cashews and stir.
***If you’d like to have sauce to pour over the rice, double the sauce ingredients***