Red, white, and lots and lots of pink.
Valentine’s day, the quintessential ‘Hallmark’, synthetic holiday has arrived!
You, my sweet Georgia peaches, have either chosen to snub it, or to embrace it.
If you’ve chosen ‘snub’ over love, I suggest you pour your lonesome self a big ol’ glass of something delicious (shake up a few actually), and hide away while the rest of us shower love and affection on our friends and lovers.
May I suggest:
“Not Tonight I’ve got a Heartache”
1 part Gin
1 part Campari
1 part Sweet Red Vermouth
Fill a shaker with ice, and pour liquor over ice. Shake until outside of metal shaker begins to sweat.
Pour into a glass and try to enjoy it despite your cynical mood and black as coal heart.
Click HERE for some mood music.
If you’re alone tonight, but hopeful that the pigeon of love might perch on the eaves of your heart,
THIS may be a better mood music choice.
For those of you with more spirit, who may still be scurrying to finalize the last touches for a romantic evening, I offer you a suggested playlist;
1) Bob Marley: Stir It Up
2) John Mayer : Edge of Desire
3) Jason Aldean: Don’t You Wanna Stay
4) Bruno Mars: It Will Rain
5) Aretha Franklin: Natural Woman (because every woman needs a man to make her feel like this)
6) Kenny Chesney: You Save Me
7) Stephen Marley: Hey Baby (for the bad boys)
8) Chantal Kreviazuk: All I Can Do
9) Blake Mills & Danielle Haim: Heart of Mine
10) Adele: Make You Feel My Love
11) Lionel Ritchie: Stuck On You (because sometimes love is tacky)
12) Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man (play this song for your lady-love after two glasses of great wine and you’ll wish you packed an overnight bag)
I hope this VD finds your little pea-picking hearts full of love!