I’ve spent Christmas’s with wonderful men, and Christmas’s with useless men ( ie more trouble than they’re worth).
After having been asked about difficult romantic relationships, and how to manage them during the holidays, I give you, my gentle readers, a comparative list from which to learn.
I have spent some time at Christmas with the most useless man on the planet in recent years. All was not lost however. This incredible experience has opened my world up to really great, yummy fellas. Better yet, it has given me priceless experience to share with readers who have lost all faith that really great guys do exist.
Yes, there are a lot of wonderful men out there ladies!
1) Really great guys…fill your dance card in advance. They recognize the treasure you are, and make plans to romance you throughout the season of light.
Useless men…moan about how hard their life is and squeeze you in last-minute. (ie take your company, and precious time for granted)
2) Really great guys…give you a thoughtful gift. It doesn’t have to be expensive, or break the bank, but it’s something they know you like. This means they’ve listened to you.
Useless men…show up with something they’ve obviously bought because they got it at a discounted price, not because they thought you’d like it.
3) Really great guys…will come along for an evening of outdoor romance…skating, watching a night parade, walking the neighbourhood to look at Christmas lights.
Useless men…moan about how much effort it is to pull on their boots.
4) Really great guys…want to meet your friends and go to your holiday parties.
Useless men…act like they’re doing you a favour.
5) Really great guys…will tear pieces of tape off and stick a piece to every finger so you can just pull it off and continue the arduous job of gift wrapping.
Useless men… find passive aggressive ways to have you offer to wrap their stuff. Don’t fall for this trap.
6) Really great guys…have red and white flowers delivered to your office.
Useless men…whine like children about you liking flowers and the pressure they feel to send them.
7) Really great guys…put up a real Christmas tree in your home.
Useless men…dont’ care whether you have a tree or not, they ask you to help put up theirs.
8) Really great guys…feel manly when you warm your cold toes, nose, bum against their bodies.
Useless men…jump back and whimper like an over-tired 3-year-old.
9) Really great guys…pick out awesome, thoughtful, romantic cards…in November…so they get the best ones.
Useless men…pick the first one off the rack and scribble their name at the bottom.
10) Really great guys…want to know about your childhood Christmas traditions and why you celebrate the way you do.
Useless men…don’t care and don’t ask.
I hope this little comparative list helps out all of my wonderful women in training. Heck, I hope it helps you gorgeous guys out there too, but I know the men who read this are the really, great guys.
After all, we know you love us, and want to make us happy. We love you and want to make you happy too. I think there might be a little somethin’ hiding at the back under the tree for you…if you’re a really great guy.